Facebook’s independent oversight board could be overwhelmed by the challenge

Illustration by Alex Castro / The Verge

Today let’s talk about Facebook’s independent Oversight Board, which just announced its co-chairs and initial membership. The board will allow Facebook and Instagram users to appeal when they believe that their posts have been removed in error, and upon request will issue advisory opinions to the company on emerging policy questions.

The scope of the work is expected to expand over time — within months of launching, for example, the board is expected to rule on which posts should come down as well as which ones stay up. (To lots of people, myself included, the latter feels like a more urgent problem.) Facebook handpicked the inaugural members, who will serve three-year terms, but over time the board will pick its own members. The...

Continue reading…



from The Verge - All Posts https://ift.tt/3ch4mwE

Comments

  1. Thanks for this wonderful information that you have exposed in here for every one of us. The true is that I in particular am finding it very difficult in making good contents on my website @tecteem. I need someone who is good in making contents that when users sees it they will stick to my site and want to learn more. I have also read through your content and I find it so attractive, I will implement your content writing style to mine and see the out come. I will get back to you as soon I start.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts